Seniors Attend Night of Excellence

The Senior Night of Excellence recognizes the hard work and dedication of the Class of 2023.
Image/Graphics by Matt Eirich
Valedictorian, Kaitlyn McGonigal and Salutatorian, Hannah Betts being honored at the 2023 Senior Night of Excellence.

On Wednesday, the 24th, West Branch held its Senior Night of Excellence, an awards ceremony in which the graduating seniors are recognized for scholarships, medals, trophies, and awards they earned through their high school careers. The seniors were recognized in front of their parents and loved ones in the high school auditorium.

Over half of the senior class was on stage Wednesday to be acknowledged for academic and community achievements. Almost all students attending the event have made the honor roll, and many plan on attending college, other post-secondary training or the military.  The ceremony also recognized the senior class valedictorian, Kaitlyn McGonigal, and the class’s salutatorian–Hannah Betts. Students who are looking to start a career in the military forces were congratulated by their recruiters. 

Lastly, seniors were recognized for success in athletics.  Athletic director Davey Williamson congratulated the student-athletes on their letters, medals, scholarships, and recognized students who have set new school records.

“The Senior Night of Excellence is a great opportunity to recognize all of our hard work throughout high school,” stated Kaitlyn McGonigal, the 2023 valedictorian. “It was an honor to stand next to my fellow graduates as we celebrated our success.” This event truly demonstrates the profound impact it had on the graduating students of West Branch, marking a significant milestone in their lives.

The ceremony was planned and executed by school board members; staff members: Jennifer Porter, Stacey Guenot, and Sue Folmar. Parents, siblings, relatives, and friends were welcome to watch and take pictures or videos of the seniors on Wednesday. A baccalaureate service was held before the awards ceremony.