Front and Centre Puts on The Little Mermaid

West Branch students participate in Front and Centre’s summer production of The Little Mermaid.
The entire cast of The Little Mermaid during the last scene of the show.
Image/Graphics by Melissa Wooster

West Branch drama students have been very busy over the summer. Many students have decided to take the opportunity to participate in summer theater. There are multiple programs that students could join in, but most students have chosen to work with Front and Centre. 

Front and Centre Productions is located in Osceola Mills, PA. This program was founded in 2009 to provide entertainment to Moshannan Valley communities and allow students to perform in front of a large audience—their most recent performance being of Disney’s The Little Mermaid. What makes Front and Centre so unique is the amount of students that come from different schools. Many students perform with people they never have before which allows students to connect with students all over Clearfield County.

Many students from our school decided to participate in Front and Centre’s summer show. Seniors Matt Eirich, Madison McDowell, Braeden Salter, and Madison Wooster joined in the show with various roles across the show to bring the stage to life. Other students like Keagan Dobo, Kelcey English, Aubree Good, and Emily Shingledecker were also a part of the cast of almost 100 students. Student Keagan Dobo (who played Jetsam) said “I honestly think it was some of the most fun I’ve had in a musical. Meeting new people in the community and talking to familiar faces was great. However, it was a chore to learn to roller skate in two weeks. It was a wake-up call for me to see how many amazing singers, actors, and dancers there are in this community.”

Front and Centre as a whole is a fantastic way for students to experience theater in a whole new light. The amount of students from all over the community coming together for one show is truly an experience most don’t get to experience outside of programs like Front and Centre. If you have any interest in theater, giving programs like Front and Centre a chance is a great way to expand your horizons and make new friends.