West Branch Cross Country Compeats in a Tri-Meet

WB cross country travels to Juniata Valley to compete in a tri-meet
Image/Graphics by Tabytha Carr
The Cross Country Team Runs in a Tri-Meet Against PO and Cambria Heights.

This year’s West Branch cross-country team traveled to Juniata Valley High School to compete in a tri-meet against Juniata Valley and Meyersdale on Thursday, September 21st. Juniata Valley did not have a team for the boys varsity, therefore giving the West Branch boys a win against them. The West Branch boys team took a hard loss to the Meyersdale boys team in the race. Both Juniata Valley and Meyersdale are a part of our conference. Dylan Ryder, a freshman at West Branch on the boys varsity team says “The meet went pretty good, Sage Carr placed 1st with a time of 17:47”. 

The girls’ varsity cross country team took a hard loss to both Juniata Valley and Meyersdale at Juniata Valley. With Emma Patrisky being injured, Skylah Baker is the only girl participating on the girls’ varsity cross-country team. Skylah Baker was not told her final time but placed 22nd in the tri-meet.

On the boys team, Sage Carr set a personal record for himself with a time of 17:47. Dylan Ryder set a new record for himself with a time of 23:37. Liam Brown set a new record for himself with a time of 24:12; Braden Brown had also set a personal record. The current record for the West Branch boys varsity teams is having one win, with two losses. The West Branch girls varsity team has a current record of one win and one loss. On Tuesday, September 26th, both the boys’ cross country team and girls cross country team will host a home meet at 4:00 pm against Central Mountains boys and girls varsity teams.