Sophomores Visit The Clearfield County CTC

Sophomore students from West Branch embarked on an educational field trip to explore the Clearfield County Career and Technology Center.
West Branch Sophomores visit the Diesel Mechanics Shop, joined by current WB and CCCTC student Cody Kephart.
Image/Graphics by Jessica Levonick

On Tuesday, the 31st, approximately 85 West Branch sophomores took a trip to the Clearfield County Career and Technology Center (CCCTC). At the CCCTC, they took a tour of all of the fantastic programs they have to offer. During their time at the CCCTC, they toured 13 of the CCCTC’s programs, which included Masonry, Drafting, Health Occupations, Culinary Arts, Auto and Diesel Mechanics, Carpentry, Collision Repair, IT, Digital Media Arts, Electrical, and HVAC/R. During the recent visit, each group spent roughly 10 to 15 minutes at every program, receiving an overview of the activities and educational advantages associated with each one. Additionally, when time allowed, students were given the opportunity to explore the workshops further by trying their hand at practical skills. For instance, they had the chance to practice wire cutting in the Electrical program and bricklaying in Masonry. These skills are currently being taught to students at CCCTC as part of the program’s curriculum.

If you are interested in any of the CCCTC programs listed above, please remember that the applications are due on the 10th, but because there is no school that day, you need to get them to Mrs. Porter by the 9th. You should have received an application packet mailed to you by the CCCTC last week or earlier this week. If you didn’t get a form, please talk to Mrs. Porter immediately so she can get you one to complete. 

Attending the CCCTC is not for every student, but approximately half of West Branch graduates complete a program at the CCCTC. The most popular program that West Branch students enroll in is Health Occupations, Welding, and Auto Mechanics. Mrs. Porter said, “I think the trip went great! We had many compliments from CCCTC faculty and staff on how well our students were well-behaved. Students were engaged, learned about 13 different career fields, and had great lunch compliments of the CCCTC Culinary Arts program.”