Veteran’s Day Breakfast at West Branch

A breakfast for Veteran’s Day will be hosted at the West Branch Area High School in the cafeteria on November 9th, 2023.
Image/Graphics by Gene Russell
West Branch Area School District Celebrates Veterans with Annual Breakfast and Student Performances.

Attention VETERANS! Join us on Thursday, November 9th, at the West Branch Area High School cafeteria for a special breakfast event honoring our nation’s veterans. Veterans and their loved ones are welcome, with breakfast served by members of West Branche’s National Honor Society. Kindergarten classes have crafted star decorations to add a heartfelt touch to the event, and 2nd-grade students will perform songs and poems to express their gratitude for our veterans’ service.

The National Honor Society students will greet, serve, and aid in cleaning up after the event. They will also spend time with the veterans and their guests as part of their educational experience focused on service and respect.

The program, featuring the second graders from West Branch Elementary, will include a series of musical and poetic presentations dedicated to honoring veterans. These presentations will consist of the following:

• “A Veteran’s Day Poem” by Grant Lupton and Mady Hubler
  • “On Veteran’s Day” by Kloe Kolesar and Sawyer Smith
  • “This Land is Your Land” (Musical Performance)
  • “Take a Moment to Thank a Veteran” by Beau White, Dalayna Sterling, and Ally Clark
  • “Why Do Veterans Serve” by Slade Ramsey and Piper Askey
  • “On Veteran’s Day” by Malina Beveridge and Emmory Modzel
  • “Yankee Doodle” (Musical Performance)
  • “There Are Heroes” by Carson Miles and Lorelle Quick
  • “America the Beautiful” (Musical Performance)
  • “Dear Veteran” by Jay Smolko and Blake Morrow
  • “Veteran’s Day” by Butch Emigh
  • “You’re a Grand Old Flag” (Musical Performance)

High school principal Mrs. O’Hare’s thoughts and feelings on the Veterans Day breakfast are best captured by her words: “It’s a way to show our appreciation for the service and sacrifice of military veterans. It is also an opportunity to build the connection between the school district and the community.”

If you’re a veteran and wish to celebrate Veteran’s Day at West Branch alongside a loved one, please contact the school’s secretary, Mrs. Hoffman, at 814-345-5615, extension 1000. Veterans have supported our nation by serving and making sacrifices for others, and West Branch is honored to pay tribute to their service.