Veronica Roth’s Allegiant Is a Thrilling Series Finale

Book review on the final book of the Divergent trilogy, Allegiant by Veronica Roth.
The third and final book of the Divergent trilogy, Allegiant by Veronica Roth.
Image/Graphics by Sandie Angulo Chan

The Divergent trilogy has been an outstanding read with the first two books Divergent and Insurgent. She is now making it even more outstanding and unbelievably great with the third and final book, Allegiant by Veronica Roth. 

Veronica Roth is honestly one of my favorite authors. I know I haven’t read too much of her books but I look forward to reading more of her outstanding books. Allegiant is just yet another one of her brilliant books. Allegiant was an amazing read and I fell in love with it. Veronica is very good at making the reader hooked on the book. Allegiant is by far the book that I have been hooked on to reading it. It is also an emotional book and even made me tear up at certain points. Allegiant is filled with excitement, heartbreak, thrilling events, humor, love, battles, connections, and sadness. This book is one that I compared to and made me think about times in my life that were similar to the events going on in the book. I think that any reader could connect to this book, some of the events are very relatable.  I highly recommend reading this book. This book made me feel many things, happiness, sadness, hatred, and anger. Allegiant is a very good read that I highly recommend. Book reviewer Sandie Angulo Chen says, “Veronica Roth bravely closes out her trilogy by inserting a second perspective with Tobias’ point of view and shakes things up with subplots and twists that force her characters into increasingly frustrating, confusing, and heartbreaking territory.” I highly agree with Sandie as I had mixed feelings about certain characters and events. 

Allegiant is the third book of the trilogy and was published in October 2013. It is a larger book with 526 pages. It is organized by two characters’ perspectives, Tris and Tobias. It starts after the ending war with Jeannie Matthews. In the city, the factions fall apart as the factionless leader Evelyn, Tobias’s mother, despises them. A new group is created of people who want the factions back called the Allegiant. Tris, Tobias, Christina, Uriah, and some Allegiant members have a chance to explore what’s outside the city’s fence, but that would mean disobeying Evelyn. They take that chance and explore the outside world where they find out the truth about their world inside the fence. They have to go through many troubles as they figure out who is the good guy. Lives will be lost and betrayal will be made for them just to try to make things right. 

This book shows the effect of what one choice can do. One choice can destroy you, one choice can change everything, and one choice can define you. Everything can change with a single decision.