Categories:

Mr. Chimenti Says Goodbye to West Branch

Mr. Chimenti Accepts Science Teaching Position at Clearfield High School, Departs West Branch
After 13 years, Mr. Chimenti will leave West Branch and become a Bison.
Image/Graphics by Manning Photography

On September 27th, high school science teacher, Andrew Chimenti will be teaching his final day at West Branch. Chimenti took a 7th and 8th grade science position at Clearfield High School. Chimenti, who has four children enrolled in the Clearfield School District, —Ben (11th grade), Alex (9th grade), Josh (6th grade), and Caroline (3rd grade)—said his family is the primary reason for his decision to leave West Branch. “The only reason I’m leaving is to be closer to my family,” Chimenti explained.

Since starting at West Branch in 2011, Chimenti has taught multiple subjects as a science teacher, covering nearly everything the department offers. His courses have included 8th-grade practical chemistry, physics, earth and space science, ecology, forensic science, organic chemistry, robotics, human biology, wildlife biology, and biology. He is no stranger to change, having taught at several schools before coming to West Branch including Ripley High School in New York, Powell High School in Tennessee, and Harmony in Pennsylvania. Chimenti had a wonderful experience at West Branch and spoke highly of his time there, saying, “This is a great place to work, enjoyed the kids, staff and faculty has always been nice.”  

Ayden Gutierrez, a 2020 West Branch graduate who had Chimenti as both a teacher and football coach, shared his thoughts, saying, “It was always evident that Mr. Chimenti was passionate about what he did.” Gutierrez wasn’t surprised by Chimenti’s decision to be closer to his family. “I remember how much his family meant to him; he was always telling us stories about his family and his kids. That was something that I admired,” Gutierrez shared. Gutierrez also appreciated Chimenti’s “keep fighting” outlook, “We had a poor record my 8th grade year, but he coached us hard through the entirety of the season. He never let us quit or give in; he held us accountable in that regard and I was better because of it.”

I personally had Chimenti for 10th-grade Biology and currently have him for Forensic Science until he leaves. I have always enjoyed him as a teacher and will be sad to see him go, but I’m happy for him that he now has a job that aligns better with his family values.