Tips For Making A New Year’s Resolution

Every year, millions of people make New Year’s Resolutions. These resolutions help people achieve goals throughout the new year. Here are some tips and tricks to help you pick your resolution.

Resolutions Are Optional

Remember that you don’t have to pick out a New Year’s Resolution. Resolutions are completely optional.

Make Only One Resolution

Pick out only one New Year’s Resolution so that you don’t overload yourself on ten different resolutions.

Make Your Resolution A Specific Goal

Make your New Year’s Resolution specific. General resolutions can be more open and therefore harder to achieve. For example, instead of “Work Out”, maybe pick a goal like “Go to the gym at least twice a week.”

Choose A Resolution That Is Meaningful To You

Choose a resolution that aligns with your interests and life values. If you do that, then you’ll be more likely to achieve your resolution.

Break Your Resolution Down Into Smaller Steps

Break your resolution down. A big resolution might be a little too overwhelming. Break the goal down into sub-goals. For example, if your resolution is to read ten books, choose the ten books specifically.

Plan Out Your Sub-Goals

Plan out your sub-goals according to time. For example, finish To Kill A Mockingbird by February 5th, finish Charlotte’s Web by March 1st, etc.

If you follow these tips, you will be more likely to achieve your New Year’s Resolution.

Sources:

• https://bit.ly/2GGPJHC
  • https://bit.ly/2CDNQHS