Wintertime Flooding?

(An elementary student’s perspective)

Wintertime+Flooding%3F

Jonah Porter, 5th Grade Reporter

Wintertime Flooding?

During the week of Jan. 14-18, there was a major issue at West Branch Elementary School. The water lines that supply some of the heating units froze, causing flooding in the elementary, the heaters to break down, and elementary students to be taken to the high school. The first day, everything was chaos. I was informed on my bus of what had happened, but other students either found out themselves or were told by a teacher. 6th grade was unaffected except for specials, 5th grade was rerouted to new classrooms, and 4th-pre-k were put in the auditorium for most of the day. When you would come in the door, you were asked what grade and class you were in, and told where to go. When I got there, I found some of my classmates and told them where to go.  The second day was more of the same.

From my point of view as a student, the day was hectic but also a little fun. We were allowed to pick where we sat, and some kids liked the new classrooms. We didn’t have regular classes. We started period 1, but according to what I heard, Mr.McCamley’s class had to be moved, and that ended our class. One class all kids in 5th had was science since we had a test that day. On Tuesday, January 22nd everything was back to normal.

By Jonah Porter

5th Grade Reporter