Lady Warriors Host Annual Girls Jack Frost Futsal Tournament

Photo Courtesy of Angie Fenush

The West Branch lady warrior soccer program held their annual Jack Frost Futsal Tournament on the weekend of 2/23/19. Twenty female teams played each other Saturday, ten teams being in the varsity bracket and ten in the junior high bracket. The two varsity teams that were representing West Branch started off strong after both winning most of their four major games. Both the varsity West Branch teams made it to the semifinals, but unfortunately they had to play each other when it came down to the last four teams. West Branch beat the WB Seniors by 3-0 and advanced to the championship against the Vipers. Although the Vipers had beat them in the previous game 4-2, the girls on West Branch played very aggressively with strong offensive and defense. They ended up winning title of the 2019 varsity girls Jack Frost champs. The two junior high teams representing West Branch also fought hard against their opponents, but were unable to come out with many wins. The boys Jack Frost Tournament will be held on 3/2/19 at the West Branch High School starting at 9 a.m.