Filed under A&E, Features

We Hear It Was A Wonderful Magic Week

Back to Article
Back to Article

We Hear It Was A Wonderful Magic Week

Todd Owen Howe, Jack Danko, Carrie Fuller, and Nathan Zetts play the Lion, Tinman, Dorothy, and Scarecrow.

Michael Nearhood

Michael Nearhood

Michael Nearhood

The two months leading up to the drama production are busy for the cast. However, the most nervewracking part has to be Magic Week. Magic Week, (or show week,) is the week leading up to the performance of a play or musical. Here is an overview of Magic Week for West Branch’s production of The Wizard of Oz:

Saturday: The cast was called to rehearsal at 9 am. From there, they ran the show twice with full costume. There was a lunch break in between run-throughs. Rehearsal lasted until 3 pm.

Sunday: The cast was given a day to go over lines and rest their voices. This is essential to performers as they need to save their voices and rest their throats so that they can give 110% on show day.

Monday: The cast was called out at 11:30 and 12:30 to go to the auditorium. At 1:30, they put on a 1-hour preview show for the elementary school with full costume, hair, and makeup. Most of the cast stayed after school until around 5. At that time, they prepared backstage to do another run-through for the cast’s parents.

Tuesday: The cast was given another day to go over lines and rest their voices.

Wednesday: The cast was called to the auditorium at 4:30 and 5:00. They put on a sensory-friendly show (with full costumes, hair, and makeup) for people that cannot handle loud noises and/or bright lights.

Thursday: The cast arrived at rehearsal to have a fix day to clean up scenes that needed a little bit of polishing. There was no singing involved so the performers could rest their voices.

Make sure you come to West Branch’s production of The Wizard of Oz. Show dates are Friday, April 5th and Saturday, April 6th at 7 pm. There will also be a showing on Sunday, April 7th at 2 pm. Come out and support the arts! You won’t want to miss it!

About the Writer
Noah Fry, Staff Writer

Hi! I am Noah Fry. I am currently a freshman at West Branch High School. I am involved in various activities, including band, drama, student government,...

• We Hear It Was A Wonderful Magic Week

A&E

A Day As A Blue Band Member

• We Hear It Was A Wonderful Magic Week

A&E

Movie Review: On the Basis of Sex

• We Hear It Was A Wonderful Magic Week

A&E

Band and Choir Concerts!!!

• We Hear It Was A Wonderful Magic Week

A&E

Staff Member of the Month

• We Hear It Was A Wonderful Magic Week

A&E

Region 3 Choir Representative

• We Hear It Was A Wonderful Magic Week

A&E

Regional Band Attendee

• We Hear It Was A Wonderful Magic Week

A&E

Wizard of Oz Cast List

• We Hear It Was A Wonderful Magic Week

A&E

The Whispering Tree

• We Hear It Was A Wonderful Magic Week

A&E

Wizard of Oz: Audition Information

• We Hear It Was A Wonderful Magic Week

A&E

West Branch’s District Jazz Representative