West Branch Girls Volleyball Back in Action for the 2019 Season

After losing five talented seniors from the 2018 season, the West Branch Lady Warrior volleyball team will have some large spots to fill. Taylor Kalke, Morgan Glace, Emma Morlock, Taylor Myers, Corrin Evans, Ella Miller, and Meghan Cantolina are the seven returning letterwinners from last season that will step up and fill the places of the now-graduated starters. After being Inter-County Conference champions for seven straight years, head coach Terry Trude expects big things from this group. This season has eight freshmen joining the ranks of JV/Varsity: Lauren Coudriet, Tayla Dorbolo, Cassidy Frey, Megan Glace, Savannah Hoover, Matayha Kerin, Kamryn MacTavish, and Hayley Wooster. Sophomores Vesta Brickley and Abby Gallaher and senior Rachel Yingling are also returning players to the 2019 team. The Lady Warriors have been working very hard during the offseason, with many of them attending camps and tournaments. They are hoping that their hard work pays off this season and that yet again they can win the Inter-County Conference championship and possibly compete for a District or State title.

There have been some minor coaching changes this season. Alongside Coach Trude this season is Assistant Coach Taylor Trude and Assistant Coach Kody Trude. Mariah McDowell will be switching from assistant varsity coach to head coach of the junior high team, with Laura Trude as the assistant coach.

The Lady Warriors are already off to a good start by getting second place in the gold bracket, at the Central Mountain tournament. The regular season home opener on September 3rd is against the Glendale Vikings, and the theme is vsco girl/guy.