West Branch Ministerium Compassion Walk

Image/Graphics by Noah Fry
The West Branch Ministerium Compassion Walk will be on Sunday, October 6th

On Sunday, October 6th, at 2 PM, the West Branch Ministerium (a group of local churches that work together to benefit the community) will be hosting a Compassion Walk.

The walk will be three miles and start at Palestine UMC Church. (on Schoonover Road in Morrisdale). The walk helps local families with electric shutoffs, heating fuel, water shutoffs, and rent. The Compassion Walk also provides gas, food, and hotel rooms for the homeless who are in unsafe situations.

Money is raised through donations and people sponsoring walkers. The money raised from the walk is divided into two halves. Half of the money goes into the Compassion Fund, which funds the acts listed above, and the other half is split between the West Branch and Karthaus food banks.

“There are many folks in our area who struggle to feed, clothe and shelter their children due to insufficient income, loss of income, or major tragedy,” Rev. Vicki Beilfuss states, “Our West Branch Ministerium of churches does its best to help these neighbors in need. The Compassion Walk (formerly the CROP Walk) will help to fund this important work and out two area food pantries. We hope our neighbors will band together to help one another.”

To sponsor walkers, or for more info, please contact Penny Shadeck at 345-4222.