2020 Homecoming Changes

Image/Graphics by Noah Fry
What impact will COVID-19 have on one of West Branch’s many traditions?

Due to COVID-19 and field construction, some changes have been made to the Homecoming events this year.

First off, the pep assembly where the king will be crowned is now on the football field. This assembly is from 10 AM-11 AM on Friday, September 25th. Upperclassmen and the court’s escorts will attend in person, while underclassmen will live stream the assembly from their classrooms. This change in attendance is to ensure that West Branch does not go over the max capacity for outdoor events. Masks will be required during this assembly, as they always are during class. One positive outcome of this change is that middle school and elementary school students will be able to view the assembly and watch the crowning of the king. Previously, this was not an option. 

The other change pertains to the football game. The only spectators allowed are home football players’ close relatives with tickets, as well as the court’s close relatives. Masks will be required for all spectators. Classic cars will not be used to transport the queen candidates due to ongoing field construction. However, the game, along with the homecoming ceremony, will be live-streamed. Make sure to keep an eye out for the link on the Warrior Watch site!

West Branch is looking forward to having a smooth and enjoyable Homecoming experience this year, keeping some of the familiar favorites and enjoying some new opportunities.