Brookville XC Downs West Branch

Image/Graphics by Tracy Pearce Bone
West Branch takes the lead on the first portion of the course.

The West Branch Cross Country team took the loss against Brookville on Thursday, October 1st. The autumn weather permitted for better running conditions for our cross country teams. The Warriors had some personal bests today: Sage Carr ran a 19:01, trying his best to keep up with Brookville’s first runner, Calvin Doolittle, with an 18:23 coming across the finish line. In third place,  Joey Trimpey ran a 20:42 after he kicked it in by passing one of Brookville’s runners at the end of his race. The fourth runner was Jett Houser for WB that came in at 21:45, pushing to finish. Jacob Alexander was our fifth runner for WB that ran a 22:09 against Brookville. Bradley Wood had a personal best of 23:35 after fighting through a lot of pain. All of our WBXC runners are doing extremely well and pushing themselves during every practice to improve their previous times.

The WBXC has been working very hard to improve their times and the motivation within the team. This helped the team push their limits in order to become better athletes. “Coach Catanzaro has been pushing us a lot harder by giving us more circuits and distance to improve our times,” said Brianna Bone. Make sure to cheer the WBXC team on when they travel to Bellwood on Wednesday, October 7th to face Bellwood-Antis and Juanita Valley.