Halloween Spirit Week and Pumpkin Decorating Contest

Happy Halloween
Image/Graphics by http://7-themes.com/6972481-halloween-cartoon-wallpaper-2013.html
Happy Halloween

Student Government has decided to plan fall festivities this year to encourage students to show school spirit and to become involved. Due to high demand from students 9-12, this year there will be a Halloween spirit week beginning on Monday, October 26. The spirit days are as follows:

Monday- PJ Day

Tuesday- Sweater Day

Wednesday- Flannel Day

Thursday- Orange and Black Day

Friday- Halloween Costume Day

On Thursday, students in grades 9 and 10 should wear orange and students in grades 11 and 12 should wear black.

On Friday, students may wear costumes for Halloween. Students are reminded of the dress code and should follow guidelines. The guidelines include no weapons, no full face masks, no violent costumes, no suggestive clothing and no cross-dressing.

Also, this year there will be a pumpkin decorating contest. Students can enter in the contest for a chance to win a jack-o-lantern filled with the best Halloween candies and treats. Student Government will provide students with pumpkins. Mrs. Steffan, the art teacher, is providing time in the art room after school for pumpkin decorating on a few days. If you are interested in participating, please fill out the Google Form from Elijah Williams that was sent last week. If you have any further questions, please see Mrs. Hanslovan in room 157.