Warriors Suffer Hard Loss Against Bellwood-Antis

Image/Graphics by Ella Miller
Warriors take to the field to battle the Blue Devils

Going into the game, the Warriors were hoping to gain some positive footing after starting the season 1-3, and a win against the Bellwood Blue Devils could have turned around the Warrior’s season. 

The game opened with the Warriors getting the kickoff, but the drive quickly ended in a three-and-out. With the ball in their hands, Bellwood drove down the field and scored, but shanked the PAT, with the score 0-6. The next drives for both teams, as well as the next Warriors drive, ended with the team punting the ball. This trend changed when Bellwood scored a touchdown off of a run, missing the two-point conversion. Score now being 0-12, the rest of the half was a back and forth with both teams getting stalled in their own yard lines until 1:30 left in the second half where Bellwood scored on a seam route missing the extra point. This is when Bellwood decided to go for a Pat Mcafee style onside kick, where the kicker recovers the football. Bellwood then scored with a seam route leaving the final score for the half 0-24.

The second half saw Bellwood start with the ball taking seven plays to score, making the extra point, score now being 0-32. The Warriors kickoff gave them the strategic field position on Bellwood’s 45 yard line but a flag on first down forced back. This led to a three-and-out making the Warriors punt the ball back to Bellwood. Bellwood then drove down the field scoring on a run and missed the PAT. The Devils scored again after another three-and out, missing the PAT. Entering the fourth, the Warriors drove down the field scoring in the fourth making the final score 7-44.

Game Score

West Branch: 0    0     0     7     7

Bellwood:     12   12   20    0  44