West Branch Participates in ICC Meet at Juniata Valley

Image/Graphics by Tracy Pearce Bone
Justin Mulhollem and Joey Trimpey are running around the track for the first part of the course.

The West Branch Cross Country team traveled to Juniata Valley on Thursday, October 22nd to participate in the Inter-County Conference (ICC) Meet with nice weather conditions. West Branch took 2nd place in the ICC Meet while beating Mt. Union by one point in the dual meet of the year. Sage Carr took 4th in the race coming across the line with a 19:08 and Justin Mulhollem took 5th with his best time all season (19:30). Sage and Justin were 1st and 2nd against Mt. Union, while Joey Trimpey came in 7th, and Jett Houser and Jacob Alexander came in 8th. “Everyone ran well despite the extreme heat but they pulled it out as a team. Five medals were awarded in the boys’ race and it’s great to see our runners earn them,” said  Coach Dave Catanzaro. 

West Branch’s middle school runner Emma Petriskey was 4th in the middle school race and medaled. On Thursday, October 22nd, WBXC had an amazing performance and will continue to work hard for District 6 championships on Saturday, October 31st.