Lady Warriors Punch their Ticket to the District Championship

Image/Graphics by Jen Glace
The Lady Warrior Volleyball team celebrate their district semi-final victory over Homer Center.

The Lady Warrior Volleyball team competed in a very tough game against 5th seeded Homer-Center on Thursday evening. Anybody who attended or participated in the game knows how much of a thriller it truly was. In the first set, the Lady Wildcats ran the show, ending the set with a 25-19 victory. In the second set, the Lady Warriors picked up the pace, with a strong serving game, going on to win the set 25-12. The Lady Wildcats fought back in the third set, pulling out a 25-21 victory. The fourth set was full of tension but resulted in your Lady Warriors winning it with a score of 28-26. The fifth set, or the tiebreaker, kept everyone in the gym on their toes that evening. The Lady Warrior volleyball team achieved a 15-9 victory over the Lady Wildcats of Homer-Center in order to punch their ticket to the District Championship game for the first time since 2014.

The West Branch Lady Warriors had multiple statistical leaders during the Thursday nights’ match. Morgan Glace led the team in service points with 12, while Ella Miller and Emma Morlock trailed with 10, as well as Corrin Evans ending the night with 9. Taylor Myers led the Lady Warriors in kills, accumulating 26, while Morlock added 9. Freshman Katrina Cowder finished the evening with 8 kills. Glace racked up 47 assists. Meghan Cantolina led West Branch in digs with 19, while Miller trailed with 12. The Lady Warriors will be traveling to Central Cambria HS to play 2nd seeded West Shamokin on Saturday morning at 11:00.