Movie Review: Christmas Chronicles 2

Image/Graphics by Pixabay
An honest review of a popular Christmas story

On the 25th of November, a sequel to the popular Christmas movie: Christmas Chronicles was released. This movie follows a girl named Katie Pierce who wishes she could see snow for Christmas instead of being on a tropical island. She ends up running away on her own only to be followed by Jack. Both the kids end up in the North Pole after being tricked by an elf who has a resentment for Santa Claus. Katie and Jack lead the evil elf into the North Pole barrier and they end up having to save Christmas. Katie ends up traveling back in time, while learning about Christmas and what it means to be a true believer. Jack, on the other hand, had learned to face his fears and become courageous. In the end, they end up saving Christmas and returning to their family where they all celebrate happily.  

Throughout the movie there are feel-good moments, but those are accompanied by questionable plot choices. The children in the movie find themselves in situations, such as breaking out of the airport security area, running away from their families, and fighting off maniac elves. This movie is full of life lessons as the children learn how to overcome their fears and how to work together for a common good. The actors that played the leading roles were able to convey a wide range of emotions that most people experience. The overall plot of the movie was very much in contrast to the original film. The plot line diversity left the viewer to not succumb to boredom as they were kept on the edge of their seats with the exciting twists. Overall, I would give this movie two thumbs up!