West Branch Track and Field Preseason 2021

Image/Graphics by Warrior Watch Staff
Ella Miller is running hard for her event during a meet.

West Branch Track and Field is back! Due to the pandemic affecting the 2020 track season, this will be WB track and field’s first season back since 2019. For this 2021 track season, we have five returning seniors, including Jack Danko, Noah Hoffner, Hayes Jones, Ella Miller, and Justin Mulhollem. This year, the team has three veteran track and field athletes. Usually, four years of experience are required to be a veteran runner for the track team, but due to the quarantine last year in March, the track and field team did not have a season in 2020. 

Track and field will not have any meets in March, but there are practices so the athletes can be prepared to run their events in April. The track and field team has its first meet on Tuesday, April 6th at Northern Bedford against Fannett Metal and Northern Bedford. Most of the track and field meets are going to be either tri or quad meets through April due to the pandemic. Monday, May 3rd starts the track and field invitationals, which require only the top two or top one per event in each team this year due to COVID-19. 

During the last track season, the team had some amazing accomplishments. For example, the 4×800 team made it to districts as top 20 and featured a stellar performance for the crowd. Kyle Godin graduated and qualified for districts for the two-mile in the 2019 track season with a time of 11:21, his seasonal best. Another post-graduate also qualified for high jump and the throwing events at the District 6 championships for track and field. West Branch track and field had some amazing accomplishments in the 2019 season, now let’s hope they continue to do the same in the 2021 track season. Get some goals and keep practicing your events, Warriors, to get prepared for your first meet. GO, WARRIORS!