TV Show Review: I Am Not Okay with This

I Am Not Okay With This actress Sophia Lillis was covered in blood (both fake and real) for the ending shots of the series.
Image/Graphics by Netflix

I Am Not Okay With This is based on a comic series of the same name, written by Charles Forsman. Syd Novak is a teenage girl dealing with her superpowers that are fueled by her anger. Her telekinetic powers have taken a toll on her, and the recent death of her father hasn’t made anything better. While watching this one-season series, I concluded that I really liked it. I loved the way they portrayed Sydney as a girl who is struggling to fit in. I loved the mysterious-like feel of the series, and I would recommend it to anyone who is into a superhero/people-with-cool-powers sort of thing. The special effects in the series are outstanding, and the ending had a lot of them. The cast’s acting was amazing as well, with Sophia Lillis (Syd Novak) making a statement with all of her tremendous superpower actings. This series was supposedly set in the 80’s/90’s, but no-one truly knows. Some say the early 2000’s, but others say the 90’s feel was too much to disagree with. Overall, I think that this series was one to remember.