Female Athlete of the Week – Meghan Cantolina

Image/Graphics by Photo Credits: Tracey Bone
Meghan Cantolina finishing through a big swing at the opponents plate.

Meghan Cantolina has been selected as Warrior Watch’s Female Athlete of the Week for the week of 4/18/2021. 

Cantolina is a junior and plays center field for the Lady Warriors softball team. Last week, Meghan had a huge week based on her performance during their game against Claysburg-Kimmel. Claysburg was undefeated up until they faced our Lady Warriors softball team, which Cantolina most certainly contributed to. 

First of all, she had a phenomenal game at the plate, going four for four. She also snatched up an RBI, as well as scoring three runs for the Lady Warriors. Cantolina also had a great game defensively. From center field, Meghan threw a girl out at third base after catching a pop fly. Later in the game, she contributed by one of the last three outs of the match up. Clearly, she led her teammates to their incredible win over the undefeated Lady Bulldogs.

Fellow Lady Warrior and captain of the softball team Sarah Betts says, “Meghan did awesome in our game against Claysburg. She went four for four and she made many key plays from her position in center field.”

Facts about Meghan:

Parents names: Cheri and Jeff Cantolina

Favorite food: Steak

Favorite movie: The Greatest Showman

Favorite sport: Volleyball

Favorite part about playing softball: Spending time with friends