Middle School Students Make Their Own Yearbook

Image/Graphics by Middle School Yearbook Staff
This is an image of the cover of the middle school yearbook.

Did you know that there is a middle school yearbook club? In the past, the yearbook was for students in grades 7-12. Now, there is a middle school yearbook for fifth through eighth-grade students and a high school yearbook for ninth through twelfth-grade students. Last year, Mrs. Levonick, the high school journalism teacher, and her class constructed the middle school yearbook, but now this job was handed over to a middle school teacher who had experiences and relationships with middle school kids. This year, Mrs. Paula McGonigal took charge and assembled a staff of middle school students to run the club. The club meets during ELO on B and C days to create the yearbook. The members of the club are Skyler Hebel, Ava Bainey, Issabella Kerfoot, Neveah Eminhizer, and Hannah Ishler. They all contributed to taking pictures, editing, designing, marketing, etc. “Our yearbook this year includes sports, students and teachers, student quotes, student and faculty submitted pictures, results from polls, and Google Forms sent out to students. But most importantly it includes all the memories from this crazy COVID year,” said Mrs. McGonigal. She also said that the most difficult part was that they started super late in terms of scheduling time to meet as a group. Yearbook member Issabella Kerfoot says, “ My experience in the club was amazing, everyone got along well and it was a lot of fun.”