Lady Warrior Volleyball Beats Central Mountain in Close Game

Image/Graphics by Picture Credits: Jaclyn Yingling
Katrina Cowder going up for a kill on Monday against Central Mountain.

On Monday, the Lady Warriors took on Central Mountain, winning with scores of 21-25, 25-20, 25-9, and 25-21. The Lady Warriors started off slow and gave the Lady Wildcats a win in the first set. Terry Trude pulled the girls aside and had a talk with them. 

Coach Trude said, “ We have been working all year on our serves and this isn’t how we serve. I need someone to take charge and show me what we have been working on.” 

After the Lady Warriors talked with Coach Trude, they picked up their heads and went back out on the court, winning the second set 25-20. However, they still had some errors. Katrina Cowder picked up the service errors by making some amazing plays at the net; Cowder had 11 kills and 4 blocks. Although it wasn’t a good hitting night for the Lady Warriors, they still came back and won the third and fourth sets to overall win the game. 

Setter Brooklyn Myers had 20 assists and 8 kills; as a setter to receive 8 kills in one game in astonishing. Abby Gallaher had a 5 point service run in the game. The Lady Warriors knew they had to pick it up and get the win the next day as well.