Parks Nets Hatrick In 4-0 Win Against Curwensville

The Lady Warriors get their 5th win of the season
Image/Graphics by Photo Credits: Rich Murawski
Lady Warrior’s Mariah Hayles drags the ball back as the Curwensville defense pressures her.

Curwensville– On September 24th, the Lady Warriors traveled to Curwensille to pick up a 4-0 win. Emily Parks led the warriors with goals, netting three goals, of the four she shot. Her first goal fell at 4:53 from a cross by Paige Washic right outside of the 6-yard box. The second goal was scored at the time of 13:24 from a through ball sent by Lauren Timblin. Parks was able to outrun the opposing defense and score a goal right inside the 18-yard box. Those were the only goals scored in the first half of the game. 

In the second half, at 45:43 Parks scored her third goal of the game. She scored after the Curwensville defense failed to clear the ball. Jenna Mertz netted the fourth goal of the game at 73:44. Mertz took a touch inside and took a quick shot which resulted in the final goal of the game. 

West Branch’s Katlyn Folmar had 4 saves, while Curwensville’s Mackenzie Wall had 23 saves. West Branch had a total of 8 corner kicks while Curwensville had 1.