Warriors Fall Apart in Second Half Against the Southern Huntingdon Rockets

Image/Graphics by Carrie Peterson

After having last Friday off due to Mount Union forfeiting, the Warriors were ready to be back in action for their game against Southern Huntingdon. The first half of Friday night’s game was an excitement for both West Branch and Southern Huntingdon, but shortly after halftime, the Warriors struggled to keep up with the rapid Rockets, ending with a score of 34-21.

Southern Huntingdon won the coin toss and chose to defer in the second half. Soon after West Branch kicked off, the Rockets went down the field and scored their first touchdown, completing the extra point making the score 7-0. Following the Rockets’ touchdown was a Warrior touchdown, thanks to a 58-yard pass from Tyler Biggans to receiver Parker Johnson. West Branch also completed their extra point from kicker Emma Bucha. Southern Huntingdon then took the ball down the field a second time to score yet another touchdown. The Rockets chose to kick the extra point, succeeding changing the score to 14-7. West Branch turned around and did exactly what the Rockets had just accomplished, making the score 14-14. 

The Warriors scored their last touchdown, with Bucha completing her PAT, changing the game with a 21-14 lead. West Branch fell apart after halftime, letting the Rockets score three more touchdowns on them, one of which they went for the two point conversion and succeeded, whereas the other two were incomplete kicks. 

Final Score: SH 34- 21 WB. Unite with the Warriors this coming Friday as they travel and take on Bellwood-Antis at 7!