Homecoming Postponed Due to COVID Outbreak

Image/Graphics by Brendan Zetts
The Homecoming Court poses for a picture for pajama day on Wednesday.

Due to several homecoming court members being exposed to COVID-19 and quarantining, Homecoming 2021 has been postponed to Friday, October 22nd.

In addition to the crowning of the queen, the crowning of the king has also been postponed to October 22nd. The crowning ceremonies will remain at their normal times: the crowning of the king will take place during the pep assembly in the afternoon and the crowning of the queen will take place during halftime of the football game that night. Homecoming also falls on the same day as the football, marching band, and cheerleading senior night, which will take place pre-game.

Because Homecoming has been postponed, the 2021 Spirit Week has also been extended. More information, including what the themed days will be, will be released at a later time. Themes can be voted on at the Warrior Watch homepage until Friday, October 15th, at noon.

On behalf of the Student Government, we would like to thank the students, staff, and community for being resilient during this time.