Lady Warrior Soccer Takes Down the Damsels

The Lady Warriors got their 9th win of the season
Guglielmi fends off an incoming defender from Moshannon Valley and wins the ball.
Image/Graphics by Rich Murawski

Houtzdale- On October 5th, the Lady Warriors got their 9th win of the season over Moshannon Valley. The Lady Warriors beat the Damsels 8-3. With Freshman Sarah Gugliemi netting four goals in the game and Olivia Straka getting a hat trick.

In the first half of the game, Straka was the first to score at 4:08. Straka scored off of a through ball that was sent by Madison Kephart as a clearance. A minute later Lauren Timblin netted a goal off of a cross-in by Jenna Mertz. Gugliemi scored the third goal of the game at 24:44 off of a through ball sent by Mertz. Gugliemi netted her second goal exactly four minutes later off of another through ball sent in by Mertz. Straka got her second goal of the game at 35:29 off of a pass by Mertz. Her third goal was less than a minute later off of a cross sent in by Olivia Koleno. 

In the second half of the game, Gugliemi was the first to score a goal at 56:12 off a through ball by Mertz. Gugliemi also scored the final goal of the game at 66:26 with a through ball sent by Mariah Hayles. 

West Branch had 16 shots and Moshannon Valley had 4 shots

Katlyn Folmar had 1 save in the net for the Warriors