Female Athlete of The Week: Katrina Cowder

Katrina Cowder has consistently been helping the Lady Warriors this season, especially on offense.
Image/Graphics by Stephanie Emigh
Katrina Cowder goes up to score a point for the Lady Warriors

Katrina Cowder has been selected as Warrior Watch’s Female Athlete of The Week for the week ending on 2/4/22. Katrina is a sophomore starter for the Lady Warrior Basketball team. Katrina has been, and continues to impress and show that she is an absolute asset to the Lady Warrior team. Last Friday, Katrina scored 24 points for the Lady Warriors in their win over Harmony. Cowder has been playing basketball for the last seven years, and through those years has continued to perfect her skills. Katrina gives 100% in everything, and that is part of what makes her a fantastic athlete. 

Current teammate, Jenna Mertz, had wonderful things to say about Katrina and what she brings to the team, “Katrina is an all around player. She is both very good with the constant blocks on defense and post moves in the paint on offense. You can always rely on her to be behind you on plays when you get beat to the rim.” 

Facts about Katrina Cowder 

Grade : 10th

Parents : Valerie Hanslovan 

Siblings : Larry and Sarah Cowder 

Future Plans :  Attend college and become a Physican Assistant

Favorite Food : Chicken Alfredo

Favorite Restaurant : Applebee’s 

Pre-Game Ritual : Put white pre-wrap on

Favorite Basketball Memory : Scoring 24 points against Harmony