The Lady Warrior Softball team defeats the Blue Devils

Lady Warriors continue their season
Image/Graphics by Cheri Cantolina
Kamryn Mactavish runs towards her team and homeplater after her homerun.

The West Branch Softball team is close to halfway done with their season. Last Tuesday the Warriors were scheduled to play Curwensville Lady Tide. The game was delayed due to bad field conditions. The Warriors are now rescheduled to play at Curwensville on May 16th.

The Warriors then moved on to play Bucktail at home on Thursday, April 14th. West Branch was able to get eight hits in total during the game. Greyson Gable was standout hitter for the Warriors having a triple and going 3-4 for the Warriors. Makenna Moore was also a standout hitter having a double during Thursday night’s game. Madison Nelson was also active at the plate helping the Warriors put together some runs. The Warriors had a slow start to the game where Bucktail scored most of their points. Bucktail scored most of their runs in the fifth inning, scoring five. The Warriors fought hard towards the end of the game but fell just short to Bucktail.The Warriors ended the game losing to Bucktail with a final score of 10-7. For the Bucktail game, Dan Betts says, “The team had two rough innings defensively. The team battled back but we came up a little short in the loss.”

The Warriors moved on in their schedule playing Bellwood Antis on Wednesday, April 20th. The warriors traveled to Bellwood Antis having a later start time than usual. The Warriors started active at the plate scoring five runs in the first inning. Kamryn Mactavish had a huge night at the plate. She was able to drive in runs at the beginning of the game with a single and later hit a three run home run. Madison Nelson got the win on the mound for West branch only allowing two hits the whole game and striking out nine. West Branch ended the game winning 19-2. For the Bellwood game, Head Coach Dan Betts says, “Every player on the roster made a contribution and helped us get a big team win.” In total the Warriors had twelve hits in the game showing the whole team contribution.