Warriors Fall to Visiting Golden Tide

The Warrior baseball team struggled to score against Curwensville
Image/Graphics by Jessica Lannen
Owen Graham shows the ball to the umpire as he tagged out a runner trying to steal home

The Warrior Baseball boys went into the game on 4/12/22 seeking a win after a tough loss to Juniata Valley, but they ended up coming short, falling to Curwensville 3-1. Owen Graham got the start for the Warriors and started strong. Graham threw a hitless first inning before helping himself at the plate. The Warrior offense started off well with Freshman, Lukas Colton and Graham hitting back-to-back doubles to put the Warriors up 1-0. Graham then threw yet another hitless inning, but the Warriors failed to hit as well. The third inning was an eventful one after Graham gave up his first hit with two outs in the inning. The runner stole second base before eventually reaching third on an error. He tried taking home after a passed ball, but catcher, Isaac Tiracorda, made a throw to Graham at the plate to end the top of the inning keeping the score 1-0.

Unlike the Golden Tide, the Warrior’s offense never sparked again as the team tallied only 3 hits after the first inning. Graham gave up 4 more hits before being relieved by Zack Tiracorda. Graham finished the game with 6 strikeouts and has a 1-2 record for the year. Tiracorda shut down the Golden tide only allowing 1 hit and striking out 6 in 3 innings. Although the Tide were shut out after the 4th inning, the Warriors couldn’t handle the arm of Jake Mullins as he struck out a total of 13 Warrior hitters. 

The Warriors record is now 3-3 overall, 2-3 in the ICC, and 1-1 in the Mo Valley League.