Warrior Baseball Come Out Swinging

Image/Graphics by Jessica Lannen
Zack Tiracorda fires a pitch against a Glendale batter during their season opener

The West Branch Baseball team started their 2022 season with an amazing opening day performance by senior Zack Tiracorda. Zack threw his first career no hitter in 6 innings against Glendale on 3/25/22. He struck out 15 batters and gave up only 3 walks in the complete game shutout. Freshman Lukas Colton also had a game to remember, as he hit his first varsity home run to help push the Warriors past the Vikings 10-0. 

The Warriors were then scheduled to play the Trojans of Mount Union at home on 3/29/22, but due to weather complications, the team struggled and were dealt a tough loss. The Warriors tallied only 3 total hits while plating nobody in the 0-11 loss.

The baseball team bounced back strong from the loss by shutting out visiting Cambria Heights 7-0 on 4/1/22. Zack Tiracorda had yet another great outing striking out 11 and only giving up 3 hits. Zack also tallied two triples, one of which almost made it out of the park hitting the top of the fence, and a double while plating 2 RBIs.  Senior Owen Graham helped the Warriors by going 3-4 with a double, 2 RBIs, and 2 stolen bases in the victory. 

The Warrior Baseball team starts their season off 2-1 overall, 1-1 in the ICC, and 1-0 in the Mo Valley League.