Lady Warriors Defeat the Redbank Valley Bulldogs

West Branch Girls Soccer team wins against Redbank Valley.
Image/Graphics by Stephanie Emigh
Erin Godin wins the ball from a Redbank Valley defensive player.

On Saturday, October 15th, the Lady Warrior Soccer team defeated Redbank Valley 6-1. The overwhelming victory brought the team season record to (12-4).

The Lady Warriors started with momentum going with several shots on goal. The first goal went in on a penalty kick by Emmie Parks. Five minutes later, Jenna Mertz racked up another goal for the Lady Warriors, sending a shot from outside the goalie box, where the ball fell in the upper corner of the back post. The defense kept the Bulldogs out of Warrior territory, holding them to a shutout for the first half.

The Lady Warriors started the second half strong adding four more goals to the scoreboard. In the first 10 minutes, the Warriors scored two more goals. Parks netted the first goal three minutes into the second half. Five minutes passed, and Erin Godin sent a ball to Mertz, who scored the fourth goal of the game for the Warriors. Parks scored her third goal– giving her a hat-trick– by shooting the ball 25 yards out from the net, where the ball fell in the back post. With less than five minutes left in the game, Natalie Yingling threw the ball right in front of the goal, where Emma Bucha got a foot on it, reflecting the ball into the net. With less than five minutes left in the game, the Lady Bulldogs received a direct kick, with which they scored their only goal. Keeper Alexa Prestash made six saves for the Lady Warriors.

The Lady Warriors will host Penn Cambria for Senior Night on Wednesday, October 19th. Then on Thursday, October 20th, they will play away against Curwensville for the last regular game of the season. Both games begin at 4:00 p.m. Come out to support the Lady Warriors for Senior Night and to send them into playoffs!