Cross Country Runs in the Inter-County Conference Meet

Varsity Boy’s Cross Country team wins the ICC Meet.
Image/Graphics by Tabytha Carr
The Boy’s Varsity Cross Country team smiles with the ICC Championship trophy.

Last Wednesday, October 19th, the cross country team ran in the Inter-County Conference meet. The ICC meeting was at Juniata Valley High School and started at 4:00 p.m. The boy’s cross-country team finished the year with an 8-1 record and looked forward to competing in the ICC meet. The girls were also excited to compete in the ICC meet, even though they could only score individually.

The varsity boys’ cross country team won the Inter-County Conference meet with 87 points. Before the race, there were many nerves. Junior Sage Carr said it was a huge relief that he did well and that his team did well. The boys who ran on the team were Noah Ryder, Sage Carr, Jacob Alexander, Kevin Hurley, Payton McCloskey, Braden Brown, and Noah Marcinko. Of those runners, five of them set new personal records. Sage Carr set a new personal record of 18:00 and finished fourth overall out of the 61 runners. Noah Ryder set a new personal record time of 18:18 and finished seventh overall out of 61. Jacob Alexander set a new personal record of 19:25, while Braden Brown set a new personal record of 20:35. Lastly, Payton McCloskey set a new personal record of 26:11.

The girls who participated in the Inter-County Conference meet were Erika Alexander, Emma Petrisky, and Skylah Baker. The Girls Cross Country team also had runners who set new personal records. Erika Alexander set a new personal record of 23:12 and finished 13th out of the 48 runners, afterward stating she was happy to get a new personal record at one of her last meets. Freshman Emma Petrisky set a new record time of 23:21 and finished 15th out of the 48 runners.

On Saturday, October 29th, the varsity cross country team will compete in the District IV Championship, hosted by Forest Hills. Make sure to tell the team congratulations on their success, and wish them good luck at Districts!