Junior Class Explores Their Future

The college fair has been around since the 1990’s and is hosted at the Clearfield fairgrounds.
West+Branch+students+attend+the+college+fair+and+explore+their+options+at+the+Clearfield+fairgrounds.+
Image/Graphics by Jennifer Porter
West Branch students attend the college fair and explore their options at the Clearfield fairgrounds.

On March 14, the junior class of West Branch was taken to the Clearfield fairgrounds where they would be able to explore options for the next phase of their lives. The options were all colleges only in the state of Pennsylvania, but there were still approximately 50 different colleges that attended.

College life is not what all students want to pursue after their high school years. Sometimes, future occupations do not require a degree either. However, numerous people attend college to gain a degree for a high-paying job or a job they want to excel in. This event will help people who want or need to go to college choose an option for their best fit. West Branch’s guidance counselor, Mrs. Porter, stated, “I think the college fair is a great opportunity for students to explore their options because they will never have the opportunity during high school to speak with and get information from so many different post-secondary options again.”

Having options for important decisions is a big deal. These options relieve a lot of stress on students and their families. Some factors that play a huge role in deciding a college are location and tuition. In a small town like Morrisdale, there are two sides. One side wants to get away from this town for a new environment while the other half wants to stay in this small town since it is where they have grown up their whole life. One of West Branch’s juniors, Lukas Colton, said, “I would like to attend college somewhere in the state because it is local and I get to be with my family.” 

From this fair, juniors will be able to get a good grasp of what they want to do after high school and where they want to go. This “tradition” will be passed down for more years to come and give even more students great opportunities for their future lives.