Cinco De Mayo

The+delicious+Cinco+de+Mayo+foods+lined+up+and+ready+to+be+eaten+
Image/Graphics by Noah Fry
The delicious Cinco de Mayo foods lined up and ready to be eaten

The traditional feast of Mexican foods on the fifth of May is not only exciting for West Branch students, but also for the Spanish teacher, Mrs. Bollinger. Every year, Spanish students are asked to make authentic Mexican cuisine for the in-class feast. The making of a dish is not only fun and interesting, but also can get a student extra credit. Mrs. Bollinger provided a list of suggestions of authentic dishes for this year’s students to choose from.

This year, many food items were created, such as tarta de Santiago, pico de gallo, guacamole, flan, taquitos, and several other delicious foods. Students enjoyed a stress-free Spanish class and got to try new and interesting food items. Shae Bainey, a Spanish 1 student, says he most enjoyed the horchata, a sweet milky beverage. Another Spanish 1 student, Olivia Straka, liked the guacamole and home-made tortilla chips best.

As the students said adios to this year’s feast, they looked forward to the celebration and opportunity to try new foods again next year.