Alumni Watch: Jared Ricotta

WB graduate Jared Ricotta works for Penn Highlands.
Image/Graphics by photo submitted

Many West Branch graduates go unrecognized for their unique post-high school achievements and careers. For example, a graduate from 2003, Jared Ricotta, former state champion in wrestling at West Branch, went on to pursue a career in the medical field.  Ricotta says he “always had an interest in helping the greater good,” and that he knew that he was definitely interested in medicine and health occupations from a young age.

Ricotta received his bachelor’s degree from Duquesne University in Science in Health Management Systems and then got his masters from Lock Haven University in Health Sciences. He is currently employed as a Physician’s Assistant at Penn Highlands Moshannon Valley Community Medical Center. Ricotta says in the future for his career, he hopes to continue helping others as well as to eventually “express health publicly in a form of political reform.”

Ricotta’s medical career is not the only accomplishment in his life after high school graduation. He is also a successful family man. He is a husband as well as a father. Ricotta married Dr. Cara Ricotta, who is also involved in the medical field and works at Mount Nittany in Philipsburg. Ricotta and his wife have twin boys, Gio and Joey, that are two and a half years old and a one-year-old daughter named Giuliana.

Although he has moved past his high school years at West Branch, Ricotta still involves himself with the district. During the summer before fall sports have begun, he does physicals for the athletes at West Branch each year.