Alumni Watch: Amos Albright

Image/Graphics by Amos Albright
Amos Albright running his business Famous Collision at home.

This featured alumnus, Amos Albright, has followed the path he planned in high school.  Amos Albright graduated from West Branch in 2007 to pursue a career in automotive collision repair. He attended CCCTC his junior and senior years of high school for Auto Body Repair. After attending the CCCTC for two years in high school, Albright continued his education and training at Pennsylvania College of Technology where he graduated in 2009 with an assosicate’s degree.

Albright found his interest in fixing things at a young age and because of this early curiosity, he explored more into the automobile repair field. He says, “I’ve always liked tinkering with things. When I was younger, I was always tearing something apart, just to put it back together.  It was sometime when I was in my younger teens that I really started to grow a passion for cars. Once I started working on cars I knew it was something that I could see myself doing every day and making a career out of it.”

After graduating from Pennsylvania College of Technology, he initially was working out of small body shops, but always knew he wanted to eventually open and run his own. In 2016, his dream of opening his own automobile repair shop came true when he purchased Benedek Body Shop and eventually changed its name.

Currently, Albright is self-employed at his business Famous Collision out of Clearfield, Pa. His duties every day at work are to work with insurance companies and customers creating estimates and supplements, to order various car parts and to manage his employees’ tasks during each work day.

Outside of his career, Albright loves to hike, mountain bike, camp, race and many other outdoor activities. Even though Albright has accomplished many goals in his career path, he says he biggest accomplishment would be his family. He has two sons and a daughter, along with his wife, Leah. Spending time with his family is one of the most important things to him.