Ten Things You Can Do To Help Climate Change

Image/Graphics by Getty Images
Because of climate change, polar bears have less access to food, and their habitats are becoming smaller.

Climate change, which is that the process of fixing the climate over an extended period of time because of human activity, has become a worldwide issue. It is predicted that climate change affects both the environment and humankind. 

Climate changes adversely affect humans, including their health, in several ways. The rising global temperature causes problems for those who have respiratory diseases such as asthma. Climate change also affects high precipitation, high temperature, and wind influence during people’s outdoor physical activities 

Sea-level rising, flooding, drought, rising temperature, and the occurrence of cyclones and landslides are different forms of global climate change hazards that are harmful to the environment. These examples are not only bad for the environment, but also for the animals who are affected by these conditions. 

Here are ten ways you can help control climate change:

• Advocate For A Healthy Planet. You can do this by supporting and/or joining groups focused on climate change, donating money to organizations that help climate change, and write letters to companies/businesses that can harm the climate. 
  • Start Using Renewable Resources. The global push for cleaner, healthier energy is on. With costs dropping every day, renewable energy is the best choice for the environment and the economy.
  • Reduce Food Waste. If we avoid producing food that we don’t eat, we can save the land, water, and energy that would have been used to make it.
  • Reduce Water Waste. Saving water reduces carbon pollution too, because it takes a lot of energy to pump, heat, and treat your water. So, take shorter showers and turn off the tap while brushing your teeth.
  • Plant Trees. As trees grow, they help stop climate change by removing carbon dioxide from the air, storing carbon in the trees and soil, and releasing oxygen into the atmosphere.
  • Inform Your Friends. Try to convince your friends to make healthy choices for climate change. 
  • Create Better Transportation Habits. Choosing to live in walkable smart-growth cities and towns with quality public transportation leads to less driving, less money spent on fuel, and less pollution in the air.
  • Eat Less Beef. If cattle were their own nation, they would be the world’s third-largest emitter of greenhouse gases.
  • Pull The Plugs. Don’t leave fully charged devices plugged into your home’s outlets, unplug rarely used devices or plug them into power strips and timers, and adjust your computers and monitors to automatically power down to the lowest power mode when not in use.
  • Buy Better Light Bulbs. LED light bulbs use up to 80 percent less energy than conventional incandescents. They’re also cheaper in the long run.

Sources: