Movie Review: Ghost Rider

When evil is lurking, Johnny Blaze turns into the one and only Ghost Rider.
Image/Graphics by Image credit to Netflix

If you’re looking for a good fantasy or action movie, then Ghost Rider is for you. 

Ghost Rider is directed by Mark Steven Johnson, which stars Nicholas Cage as the main character. When motorcycle rider Johnny Blaze sells his soul to the Devil to save his father’s life, he is transformed into the Ghost Rider. The Ghost Rider is the Devil’s bounty hunter and is sent to hunt down sinners. Wherever evil roams at night, the Ghost Rider is always ready to respond. He rides a fiery motorcycle and wields blasts of hellfire from his body, usually from his skeletal hands. His flesh on his head is burnt away and his skull is a flame of a New Eden. (If anyone gets that reference, please email me.) The ghost rider himself didn’t have this insane power early on after his sister was hurt by some ninja gangsters; he came in contact with the motorcycle that gave him the spirit of vengeance enchantment. If this doesn’t sound action movie exciting to you, then I don’t know what is.

Overall, Ghost Rider movie is a movie where you sit down and watch it, and then it’s over before you know it. I lost track of time watching this movie because there was always something keeping my attention. I give this movie an 8/10 due to the impressive visuals. The movie has a good story that makes sense and is easy to understand. The only flaw I have with it is that the fighting seemed a little bland. There would be so much hype for the fight, but when the fight came, it was just two dudes fighting, nothing special about it. The movie is on Netflix and is rated PG-13.