Movie Review: Mulan (2020)

Image/Graphics by Disney
Even though reviewers claimed otherwise, Mulan (2020) was a great film.

Mulan (2020), directed by Niki Caro, is a remake of the Disney classic from 1998. Mulan, played by Yifei Liu disguises herself as a man in order to save her father, who would more than likely die in battle. Though Mulan has great power, she tries to hide it and eventually learns to embrace her inner strength and stop masquerading as a man. As Mulan attempts to save her nation, the audience can see just how beautiful the landscapes are and how all the scenes are visually amazing. Mulan transforms into an honored warrior and earns the respect of her nation and family.

Most critics said Mulan was much more culturally accurate than the original. which definitely helped the movie a lot. But critics also didn’t enjoy how lifeless the movie was. Scenes that were meant to be dramatic and empowering now were short and choppy. The film has a score of 57 percent on Rotten Tomatoes, showing not many people liked it. I personally really enjoyed this movie and I recommend that you watch it. It is now streaming on Disney+.