Good Things in April

Image/Graphics by Joni and Friends
There are many Good Things that happened in the month of April.

Good Things is a segment that is featured on WBTV and includes any good things that have happened in West Branch, or the community, during the month. This article focuses on everything for the month of April.

On April 12th, the National Honor Society students took a field trip to the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium. The zoo contains many exhibits with over 4,000 animals. The NHS students planned the trip yearlong and looked forward to going. Senior Noah Fry explains, “I haven’t been to the zoo in a while, so it was nice to go again and see all the animals! I think my favorite part was the aquarium; I got to see a shark!”

April 22 was Earth Day and the perfect day for Envirothon to travel to Parker Dam, where they were provided information on topics that would be included in the competition. The students involved are Noah Fry, Rylee Sabol, Olivia Blasko, Katlyn Folmar, Paige Washic, Jacob Alexander, Cierra Condon, Alayna Philips,
Noah Emigh, Matt Eirich, Maddie Gray, Mayzey Wooster, Joey Kovalcin, and Hayden Martin. On May 3rd they traveled to Curwensville where the competition took place.

On April 20, Mrs. Peterson’s Introduction to Sociology classes got a first-hand view of the criminal justice system. They visited the Centre County courthouse and observed preliminary trials. They also toured the central counties youth center and Centre County correctional facility and spoke with officials. This field trip gave students an opportunity to apply sociological theories and concepts that are taught in her class. Abby Gallaher explains, “The trip was very informative and interesting.”

Also in the month of April, West Branch Performing Arts presented the Addams family from the 21st-24th. This was the first show in two years that was fully open to the public and the program was delighted to see almost an entirely full house every night. This show also included a live pit, directed by WB alumnus Jerimiah Dobo, Congratulations to the drama program and the pit for the wonderful show. The drama program will travel to the Isaacs on May 29th to perform “When You’re an Addams”. The program was nominated for multiple awards, so check out the article on Warrior Watch titled “West Branch Performing Arts Nominated for Seven Isaac Awards” to read more on the awards.

That’s all the good things I have for you this month, so stay tuned for the end of May for the last good things article.