Lady Warrior Volleyball Team Defeats Lady Tide

Terry Trude starts his 27th year of coaching with a win from the Lady Warriors.
Image/Graphics by Kandy McCloskey
The Lady Warriors after placing second at Forest Hils Kick-Off Tournament.

On Tuesday, September 6th, the Lady Warrior Volleyball team defeated the Lady Tide at their home court. West Branch dominated Curwensivlle in 3 sets with scores of 25-3, 25-6, and 25-13.

The Lady Warriors came out strong in sets one and two, so in set three, Head Coach Terry Trude gave the underclassmen some time to see the floor. The girls performed wonderfully. The Lady Warriors are currently ranked fourth in the state for single A schools. Senior outside hitter Matayha Kerin had seventeen service points and six aces. Junior middle Katrina Cowder had ten kills, while junior outside hitter Marley Croyle had six kills. The kills gained by various hitters brought junior setter Brooklyn Myers to 18 assists.

Senior right side hitter Hayley Wooster says, “I think it was a great start to the season. I’m really proud of our team for not lowering our level because we usually do that when we face lower level teams.”