Lady Warriors Earn Back-to-Back Wins

The Lady Warriors reign victorious over the Bald Eagles and the Lady Hornets.
Image/Graphics by Matthew Eirich
The Lady Warrior Volleyball team comes together to celebrate another point.

On Monday, October 10th, and Tuesday, October 11th, the West Branch Volleyball team earned back-to-back wins.

On Monday, the West Branch Volleyball team defeated Bald Eagle Area in a five-set game with scores of 25-23, 18-25, 25-22, 26-28, and 15-13. The Lady Warriors battled hard and achieved a win to better their overall record (22-2). West Branch knew this game would have great importance and did not disappoint. Their win streak continued onto Tuesday.

The Lady Warriors faced the Juniata Valley Hornets on October 11th for their second match-up of the season. The Lady Warriors defeated them in three sets with scores of 25-12, 25-14, and 25-8. The game was not at the typical intensity level for our Lady Warriors, but they did their best to have fun and win.

On Monday, the juniors racked up the team statistics. Katrina Cowder rallied in 22 kills, 13 service points, three aces, and five blocks, with another 11 kills on Tuesday. Against Bald Eagle, Marley Croyle had 16 kills, ten service points, ten digs, and three aces with six kills on Tuesday. Brooklyn Myers achieved 50 assists on Monday and 19 on Tuesday. The seniors also contributed, as Hayley Wooster earned the Lady Warriors ten service points, six being aces. Matayha Kerin earned six kills against Juniata Valley. Savannah Hoover also helped the team by giving them nine service points after her game absence due to injury.

The Lady Warrior Volleyball team will have their next game on Thursday, October 13th opposing the Glendale Lady Vikings. The game is Lady Warrior Senior Night, where they congratulate and recognize the West Branch seniors and the opposing team seniors. The J.V. game starts at 6:00 p.m., and the Varsity game follows at 7:00 p.m. Senior Night will occur before the Varsity game begins. Of the seniors, West Branch will recognize Hayley Wooster, Savannah Hoover, and Matayha Kerin for the Lady Warriors. West Branch will also be recognizing the Lady Vikings’ seniors. The theme is Jersey Night, so wear your best jersey and come out to support our Lady Warrior Volleyball team!