Upcoming Senior Events

With the new school year starting, the class of 2024 has some exciting senior events coming up.
Image/Graphics by Manning Photography
The West Branch class of 2023 at their graduation ceremony.

At the start of this school year, the seniors can suggest class symbols on the 13th of September. Then on the 15th, they can vote on the symbols. During the rest of the month of September, there will be senior photos on the 19th which the seniors should have signed up for their time slot. Homecoming will take place on September 23rd.

The election for the class officers is also coming up. Seniors can submit a letter if they are interested. The officers needed are president, vice president/school board rep., secretary, and treasurer. They can explain why they think they are the best candidate, and they also need to include their after-school extracurriculars, if they work, and any other activities they participate in. The senior class can then vote.

In October, the graduation announcement design will be chosen by the officers. In November, there will be a cookie dough sale, a graduation announcement, and a cap and gown order meeting. Money and orders will be due November 13th for the cookie dough sale. The cookie dough sale will be a big fundraiser that will help pay for senior events like prom, the senior trip, the senior BBQ, etc. By December 15th, the seniors must submit baby pictures to Mrs Brickley. Students will need 2-3 photos each and will need to designate one for the yearbook.

There will be another fundraiser starting in February. It is a popcorn sale that will also help the senior class pay for their senior trip. By March, the popcorn orders will be delivered in time for Easter. In the Month of April, there will be a senior class clothing sale. There will also be a hoagie sale to help pay for additional things for the senior class.

May, the busiest month by far, there will be prom on the 11th, and the senior class trip on the 17th. By May 22nd grades will be due for the seniors. On May 23rd the CCCTC senior students will have graduation. Starting May 28th, there will be mandatory graduation practice from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. as well as a Baccalaureate service and Awards ceremony at 6 p.m.

There will be another mandatory graduation practice the following day, May 29th from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. as well as the senior class BBQ immediately after practice is over. Finally, graduation will be on the 31st of May starting at 7 p.m!

While senior year can be stressful, it should also be a very exciting time as well. This is a time to make decisions that lead down a path of YOUR choosing; it’s a heavy responsibility but also should bring joy and fresh enthusiasm about life! Don’t get so caught up in the stress that you forget to experience the joy and anticipation that should also help to define senior year.” Mrs. Porter says.