Summer Band: Under Construction

Image/Graphics by Photo Credits Melody Bell
Warrior Marching Band during the 2018-2019 season preparing for the football season during their band camp

It’s here!! The announcement everyone has been waiting for!!! The West Branch Warrior Marching Band has a Summer Director. The director is Mr. Brandon Houtz.

Mr. Houtz said that he decided to come back because “ You guys rock and you are a joy to work with.” He plans on keeping what the band is doing because “ we put out a good product”. Houtz said that he is going to step it up a little and work on the band’s looks and sound. “Welcome to any new members and good luck to the veterans”.

Mr. Houtz has also chosen Mrs. Melody Bell as the band front advisor. “I am looking forward to what I always do, working with the kids and getting to do what I love. I have twirled and been a part of the marching band for a very long time. I have a love and passion for it. I really like when I can pass that on to someone else and they enjoy it just as much as I do. I’m also looking forward to working with Mr. Houtz. Together we made a good team last year and I’m excited to have the opportunity to work with him again. I know that we are going to accomplish great things!”

“I have some tricks up my sleeve for band front, but I don’t want to give them away just yet. They are going to have to come and watch.”

“My ultimate goal is for all the students to have fun but also work hard. We are the band and band front that every other school compares themselves too. We need to keep that tradition going.”

Mr. Houtz and Mrs. Bell say to please be patient while they get some things ready for band and that they plan on starting at the end of May or Early June. They are looking forward to a successful season.