Filed under News, SPORTS

Outlook for Track and Field Season

Back to Article
Back to Article

Outlook for Track and Field Season

The eight track and field seniors pose for their last photo at meet the warriors

Photo Courtesy of Jane Prestash

Photo Courtesy of Jane Prestash

Photo Courtesy of Jane Prestash

The boys and girls track and field team will be looking forward to the beginning of their season, along with good weather. The teams will be experienced, returning 13 letter winners, 6 boys and 7 girls. Returning athletes Hailey Prestash and Emily White will be key for the girls season and will be the only two returning female competitors that qualified for districts last year. “I’m really excited about this season. I’m ready to work hard and achieve the things I want in my final season,” White said and will be competing in her first race on Thursday. For the boys side, they will be returning 4 competitors that qualified for districts and will certainly be looking to score lots of points for the boys team.

Although both teams will be experienced with many letter winners and returning athletes there are also many new competitors joining this year. There is a total of 18 new athletes and 8 of those are freshman. One of the new sophomores this year is Jack Danko and he will be competing in the 800m and 1-mile run. “I’m doing these events because they are my weakest areas and I want to improve them for the next cross country season,” also the “benefits are substantial,” but overall Danko said he was very excited to be competing in another sport and is looking forward to the season.

“I’m very excited for the season, we have a lot of new athletes this year,” Coach Carr said. This will be his 15th year as head coach of the track and field team and has had many successful seasons. The boys and girls track and field team will be looking to start off their season with a win on Thursday, March 28th, while competing against Tussey Mountain. Coach Carr also added, “Our first meet is Thursday and I’m hoping we can beat Tussey Mountain, they are usually around our competition level.” So it appears that another successful track and field year is right around the corner and all the athletes are looking forward to competing in the nice spring weather.

About the Writer
Trinity Prestash, Staff Writer

Hi I'm Trinity Prestash. I'm a sophomore at West Branch Area High School. I play soccer, basketball, and track for the school. I also play soccer out of...

• Outlook for Track and Field Season

A&E

NEW BAND AND CHOIR CONCERT DATES

• Outlook for Track and Field Season

News

Tour of Peale with Mr. Matson’s PA History Class

• Outlook for Track and Field Season

News

Promposal Winners!

• Outlook for Track and Field Season

Features

Teacher Appreciation Week at West Branch (Elementary)

• Outlook for Track and Field Season

Features

Teacher Appreciation Week at West Branch (Jr.-Sr. High)

• Outlook for Track and Field Season

News

Vote HERE for the Most Creative Promposal

• Outlook for Track and Field Season

Features

Are You The Best For This Contest; Promposal 2019

• Outlook for Track and Field Season

Features

Staff Member of the Month

• Outlook for Track and Field Season

A&E

What’s Going on with the Music Department?

• Outlook for Track and Field Season

Features

Cowder and Clark Win Player and Coach of the Year Honors