PO Boys Soccer Recap

PO Boys Varsity Soccer Team Dominates Their Conference
Image/Graphics by Photo credit: Syed Karmimushan
The PO boys get ready for the Tyrone game.

Philipsburg- Last week, the Philipsburg-Osceola Boys Varsity Soccer team faced three teams, beating all of them.

On Monday September 13, the PO boys faced Tyrone High School at their home field in Philipsburg. The varsity team controlled the game and dominated Tyrone in a win for the Mounties, 13-0. For the Mounties, six of the players were able to net a ball during the game. Alex Godin led the team with goals, scoring 6 and currently holding the new record for most goals scored in one game. Following Godin, Carson Long netted 3 shots in the game last monday. Two other offensive players, Dawson Snyder and Gavin Emigh, both scored 1 in the game, along with two defensive players, Shae Bainey and Parker Matson, who also scored 1 goal each.  The PO defense had a solid game, only allowing 1 shot on the goal keeper, Greg Holt, which he saved. 

On Tuesday, the boys faced the Huntingdon Bearcats in a close-nit game. The game was intense and both teams were unable to up the score in the first half. Coming into the second half, the team was eager to score. Carson Long was able to net a goal with less than 20 minutes remaining in the second half, upping the score for the Mounties to 1-0. Ashton Crownover assisted Long for the goal. Shae Bainey, defensive senior on the team said, “The possession and play was back and forth the entire first half. And the battling was extremely intense. When Carson scored we were ecstatic.” Holt had 11 saves, only allowing 4 balls in the net. Finally, to wrap-up the week, on Thursday the varsity team faced Saints Joseph’s Catholic Academy away. The team played well again, achieving a 5-4 win.

The boys play their next game today, Tuesday September 21, against Penns Valley away.