Zack Tiracorda Signs a National Letter of Intent to Play Collegiate Baseball at Penn State Dubois

Tiracorda commits as an RHP and outfielder.
Image/Graphics by Isaac Tiracorda
Zack Tiracorda at his signing alongside athletic director Davey Williams, Principal Holenchik, Head West Branch baseball coach David Learish, and parents Amy and Aaron Tiracorda

On Monday, November 22, Zack Tiracorda signed a letter of intent to continue his academic and athletic career at Penn State Dubois. He intends to perform as a right-hand pitcher and an outfielder. He is the starting pitcher for the West Branch baseball team, and in the outfield, he typically plays centerfield. He has shown to be very successful in leading the West Branch baseball team and is also a three-year letter winner. 

Zack is very passionate about his love for baseball and has been playing since he was just three years old. Along with participating in high school baseball, he has also played on multiple club baseball teams. One of those is Baseball-U, a club team in Central Pennsylvania. He was selected after try-outs and traveled to multiple states for showcases and tournaments. He played in front of hundreds of college recruiters and received multiple offers, but Penn State Dubois caught his eye. It has always been his dream to play at the collegiate level and his hard work has paid off to do so. He is very eager to pursue his future and says this: “I am excited to expand my knowledge of the game of baseball and help be a part of the culture at Penn State Dubois”. He plans to study business in marketing. 

On and off the field, Zack is a leader and strives to build his teammates up. Fellow teammate, Owen Graham, says, “He always puts in a lot of work, and when it comes time to play; it shows.” Zack continues to be a determined individual that is always willing to go the extra mile to improve. When the team is relying on him, he pulls his weight. Zack makes catches in the outfield and strikes players out on the mound. His coaches know they can count on him as well and trust him immensely when it comes to putting him out on the field. 

Best of luck to Zack in his endeavors and the bright future ahead of him!